That semi-truck next to you on the highway, is it possible that it’s a strong, intelligent FEMALE at the helm? Yes it is, and let me tell you – my feminist side drank it all up in this episode. Today, I speak with Ellen Voie, founder of Women in Trucking and champion for creating more opportunities for females in the industry.
We go over:
- The goal to increase the number of women in the trucking industry.
- Creating an association dedicated to the community and highlighting women’s accomplishments in the industry.
- Advocacy for members and creating a culture of support.
- Innovative ideas like Claire the Truck Driver Doll and the Girl Scout Transportation Patch.
- Scholarship programs and free counseling to assist and encourage women entering this male dominated industry.