The scarcity of women in leadership roles is a widely identified concern. We almost accept it as a fact of the business world. But there are opportunities to break those barriers and to use our experience and skills to gain access to positions of power. In today’s episode, I talk with Julie Thomas, President of Priority Logistics Group and it’s subsidiaries and we discuss surviving family business and being a female in a male-oriented business environment.
We go over:
- Communication differences and gender roles in business.
- Julie’s experience in social work and how that skill helped her thrive in her industry.
- Outsourcing mentality and the difficulty for most business owners.
- The culture of a third generation family business.
- Advice to succeed in a male-oriented workplace.
- Creating a healthy business relationally as well as financially.
- And more!